Affordable rentals are currently in short supply on Bainbridge Island. HRB maintains waiting lists for 1, 2, and 3-bedroom apartments and encourages eligible households to apply. When we have a vacancy in any of our rental housing units, we fill that vacancy from the waiting list.
To be placed on the waiting list, please complete and submit the rental wait list application. Our staff will review your application and if you meet eligibility requirements, you will be added to the waiting list.
Download the Rental Wait List Application
Current Income Limits can be found here
Email Jessica Swaling-Campbell or call (206) 842-1909, ext. 12, with questions or for more information
HRB Rental Property Eligibility Requirements
All HRB units are income restricted, meaning you cannot make more than a certain amount annually – adjusted by family size and property (Check back April 15, 2021 to view updated Income Limits and Requirements).
- At least one member of the household must be 18 or older and provide government-issued photo I.D.
- A household must earn at least 2.5 times the unit rent per month
- Rental History Criteria:
- No evictions in the past five years
- No more than two legal notices in the past 12 months
- Any outstanding landlord debt must have a current and verifiable payment plan
- At least one adult member of the household must have verifiable rental history for the past six months
- All rental history in the past 12 months for all adult applicants will be considered, in the context of the applicant’s ability to perform the obligations of the lease
- HRB is not able to accept applications from applicants with the following history:
- Felony convictions involving physical harm or arson within the past seven years
- Felony drug convictions
- Offenses requiring any household member to register as a sex offender
- Misdemeanor for domestic violence within the past seven years
- Any bankruptcy must be disclosed